Sunday, June 8, 2008

Arthur's Seat

On my last day, I woke up early and had a nice bowl of Wheetabix. Wheetabix is a miracle for people who want to stop the rumbly feeling in the morning but can't quite deal with tasting anything that early in the day. Then, four of us left the flat and went for a hike. After the hike (did we go to the art museum? I can't remember when during the weekend this happened) Amit and I had the best Indian buffet I've ever encountered in my life. We started out going to a pub that Lonely Planet recommended, but were turned off when the we went inside and saw that their idea of non-bar seating was curtained-off beds. The Indian restaurant had tables with chairs. With tablecloths instead of comforters. Always a good sign. It was a hot buffet with a drink and dessert, all for six pounds, which is dirt cheap in Scotland.

Back to the hillwalking. Arthur's Seat is a hill overlooking Edinburgh. It looks innocent when you're in the main town, but once you start climbing it gets really windy. Luckily, the wind was blowing the direction that kept me, Amit, Shay, and Shay's Flatmate ON the hill. The view at the top was definitely worth it. We also got to feel that cool sensation where you can lean back into the wind further than gravity would normally permit.

Working to fulfill the duties of my new post as Minister of Tourism in Scotland, I present a Come to Edinburgh photo story.

Arthur's Seat: He's got a nice one!














At the end of the day I got my stuff and hurried to the airport, terrified because I was running late. As it turns out, I could have waited another hour. F.Y.I.: the little hoppers that go around Europe are always late. The label on your ticket "Gate closes at 18:50" is more of a suggestion that you might want to meander over to the security gate. After you've finished your latte.

1 comment:

Duckrabbit said...

hahaha, look at those poses-- you're such a Model. You should be followed around by pro fashion photographers.