Sunday, May 25, 2008

Young lady, explain yourself!



I'm a rising junior at Swarthmore College, going for an honors major in Economics with a minor in Peace and Conflict Studies. Peace Studies is a relatively new, inter-
disciplinary field, so there is some room to explore how to approach peacebuilding from an economic standpoint. Swarthmore gives out summer research grants, so back in February Professor Magee from my Intro to Peace and Conflict Studies class helped me write a proposal for a grant in the social sciences. She also wrote my recommendation letter. I was awarded a Joel Dean Summer Research Fellowship, and I'm in Derry/Londonderry for nine weeks to learn how economic development contributes to peacebuilding. I also want a pony.

2 comments:

bob said...

Well I'm looking forward to reading this whole blog but I got to ask, is it possible for you to talk faster than you already do? :)

I’ve never had a problem with taking pictures and enjoying a vacation.
I miss you and can’t wait to see you again.

Love and kisses
Uncle Bob

Duckrabbit said...

I hereby give you a VIRTUAL PONY. Use it wisely.