Saturday, May 24, 2008

Grab Your Coat

Greetings from Northern Ireland! It's my first day here, and I'm so excited! What a trip, right? Just kidding, it's actually six weeks into my trip and I get to go home to California in three ;) I'm looking forward to seeing everyone! It took me a while to figure out what I want in a blog, so now that I have it set up, hopefully posting will be the easy part. On the bright side, my blog is so aesthetically pleasing that you'll want to spend lots of time reading as I update things :-D

I've enlisted a series of elves (don't worry, I vetted the evil ones) to build me a time machine so that I can make trips back and post about my adventures. I've kept good notes in my mental diary, so it'll be like I was posting things as they happened. A new poll...The Internet: blessing upon humankind or the best procrastination tool ever invented?

Aside: The title of this post is from one of my favorite songs, "Sunny Side of the Street." I was going to name my blog Grab Your Coat, because it reminds me of a happy song, it has associations with travel, and it brings to mind a California girl packing up and heading East. In the end, though, I decided that I can't bear to be reminded that I left optimal weather conditions each time I sign onto my blog, so the title will snag an honorary position as a label. What are labels, you ask? They are little tags I add to my posts to tell you what they're about. Down at the bottom of the page, you can click on the label and it will show you similar posts :) The optimist in me predicts there will be more than seven posts, so that they won't all fit on one page and new readers will be forced to use my encyclopedic labels in order to read my blog. Muahahahaaa...

1 comment:

SingerDancer3 said...

We're actually *not* having optimal weather - "we're havin' a heat wave...." [you have to guess what musical this is from....]